I originally posted this on I Love Reality.com but decided to post it here too so people can comment if they like. Tonight I’m a bit peeved at CBS because of the way they edited the goings on that took place in the Big Brother house this past Sunday and Monday as it was shown on Wednesday night’s episode.
Before I begin - make sure to check out Scott's great as usual recap of tonight's show. Click Here to go right to it.
I’m going to try to keep it short but I will include a bunch of Flashback times at the end so if you have the Big Brother Live Feeds you can go back and watch these things happen in real time.
What the TV viewer saw was Daniele mad at Kalia when Kalia is suddenly thinking about saving Rachel and then Lawon volunteering to go up as a replacement nominee for Jeff who had won the Power of Veto. While what is shown is true in the very very basics, the reality is so much different that it infuriated many of us that watch the live feeds and is an excellent example of how “Reality” shows are edited.
Here is what REALLY happened Sunday night and early Monday morning.
Kalia had decided to put up Adam as Jeff’s replacemnt. While Daniele was pushing for Shelly to go up she deferred to Kalia’s wishes. Either one going up would pretty much ensure that Rachel would be voted out on Thursday’s live show.
Shelly, wanting Rachel to stay since she is in an alliance with Jeff and Jordan and Rachel is as well, worked on Kalia all day on Sunday – convincing her that she needed to do something to show she wasn’t Daniele’s pawn. Shelly managed to get Kalia to seriously consider putting up Porsche and voting Porsche out of the house – in part because they are all concerned with the ‘twist’ that if Rachel was evicted but came right back – she would make Kalia her number one target. She also planned to secure some type of promises from Rachel for hers and Daniele’s safety next week by doing this.
The ‘fight’ between Daniele and Kalia shown on Wednesday night’s show was in fact Daniele reacting to Kalia saying she wanted to put up Porsche instead of Adam. Daniele was so mad at this that she actually said something to the effect that she might just play her own game from now on if Kalia was going to do this. Daniele then stormed off telling her they would talk later and Kalia went to Shelly for yet more advice and reassurance.
A bit later Kalia told Adam she might nominate him and then Jeff showed up. Shelly had informed Jeff of this new plan but played dub with Kalia who discussed saving Rachel by putting up Porsche.
This all took place between 7 & 10pm on Sunday night.
Jump ahead about three hour and you can see how Lawon becomes the new replacement.
Just before 1am early Monday morning and Kalia, Lawon and Daniele are in the HoH room. Daniele, frustrated with Kalias change of heart in not putting up Adam and sudden overall change in attitude, says in exasperation to just put her (Daniele) up and vote her out. Kalia says she can’t do that – so Daniele says (as a joke in my opinion) to put up Lawon since he volunteered (Lawon had told Kalia to put him up as a nominee on Friday since everyone said he was a floater). The amazing thing was Lawon then took the suggestion and ran with it!
So in my opinion, Shelly’s hard work earlier in the day opened the way for Lawon to be the replacement nominee.
Here are the flashback times to catch most of the action – you will need a subscription to the Big Brother Live Feeds to watch – you can get a FREE three day trial by clicking > this link < or any banner on the site.
Shelly convinces Kalia to put up Porsche – Flashback Times (8/7/2011):
- 7pm cameras 1/2 Shelly suggests putting up Porsche to Kalia – telling her it will garner the faith of Jeff and Jordan and show that she is her own person – not doing Daniele’s bidding. In reality Shelly is doing this because she wants Porsche out – and feels keeping Rachel in will keep a target off Jeff and Jordan that much longer.
- 7:25pm cams 3/4 Kalia tells Dani about this plan – Daniele is NOT pleased with the idea at all.
- 8:12pm cams 3/4 The convo with Daniele wraps up. Daniele leaves saying they can talk about things later.
- 8:18pm cams 3/4 Kalia talks to Shelly again – Shelly re-enforces the plan she suggested earlier.
- 8:42pm cam 3/4Shelly fills Jeff in on plan – he is shocked.
- 8:44pm cam 3/4Kalia talks to Adam – tells him he may go up as a pawn.
- 8:45pm cam 3/4Kalia talks to Jeff – tells her she is considering putting up Porsche but she would need major promises from Rachel that she would be safe.
- 9:05pm Cam 1/2 Jeff finishes talking to Kalia – heads out and asks Shelly where ‘that’ came from and Shelly replies, “Me baby!” Later Shelly tells Jeff that she is not going to quit (on this plan) until Porsche is out.
- 9:25pm cam 3/4 Jeff tells Jordan that Kalia has proposed going after Porsche.
- 9:56pm Cam 3/4 Kalia talking to Shelly again at the hammock – filling her in on her conversation with Jeff.
The decision is made to put up Lawon – Flashback times (8/8/2011):
- 12:48am cams 1/2 – This is where it first really seems to begin with Daniele mostly joking to Kalia to put HER up – then Dani says to put up Lawon since he volunteered (Lawon is in the room when this happens).
- 12:54am cam 1/2 Lawon seems to be considering it – Porsche is in the room now as well.
- 1:24am Feeds cam 1/2 return after a break – we find Kalia and Daniele alone in the HoH room – reacting to Lawon’s crazy suggestion that he would be willing to be voted out.
- 1:32am cam 3/4 Kalia tells Shelly about Lawon volunteering to go up – Shelly thinks he is crazy but then says, “Fine with me.”
- 1:42am cam 1/2 Lawon says if he goes up he can play the ‘mad’ roll and try to ‘spy’ on the other hgs for information.
- 1:53pm Cam 1/2 Daniele has Lawon tell Kalia about his ‘plan’ to gather info. To me it is just Daniele stroking Lawon’s ego and encouraging this crazy plan.
- 2:07am – cam 1/2 Dani, Lawon and Porsche back in the Candy Room – talking about this master plan to vote out Lawon. Dani says to Lawon, “This is your moment to shine.”