Hey all, over the last few years we have become more and more dependent on social sites like Twitter (I tweet as @BBGossip) and Facebook (I have an account I honestly don't use much - facebook.com/indy.mike) but that sometimes can cause problems. Specifically today when Twitter went down for a bit - many were in a panic. So please take the time right now to bookmark this site as well as ILoveReality.com. You might also notice over in the right hand column I have links to other sites if you want to check out more Big Brother content.
Enough about Twitter, now you know what to do when it fails us again, and it will.
On the Big Brother 14 front, what is new? A few things to fill you in on.
I believe some of the media gets to check out the house on Friday so expect pictures and news items in the next few days. We have also had a few commercials out and about - and in those there have been 'teases' that this season there will be more house guests than ever before - that would mean at least 17 since Big Brother 9 had 16 to start. The commercials have also implied 4 big surprises, that could mean anything so other than speculating it might mean 4 alumni return I'm not going to guess.
The cast may be revealed on July 2nd - that's a Monday and just over a week before the show begins. That tidbit of info came from a Canadian site that I consider reliable.
Other than that not a whole lot of info yet. I did just find out that, unlike previously reported, flashback will not be available on iOS devices yet again this year - thats a bummer but it still should be available on most Droid devices and even WebOS devises once the season kicks off. You will of course need the live feeds subscription to see flashback and the live feeds and the Big Brother Early Bird Special continues through July 11th so you have lots of time to sigh up - but why not do it now!
Finally, ABC's upstart show The Glass House:
I wish I had nice things to say about this show, well, I guess I can say a couple:
- The house looks really cool - lots of glass and an almost futuristic look.
- The way people enter and exit through the elevator is neat.
- The microphone necklaces are MUCH better than Big Brothers wireless mic packs - at least they seem that way when we listen on the live feeds.
There, that's three. Now here are just a few negatives:
- Only Seven hours of live feeds a week - and those seven are extremely structured with virtually no time for us to listen to the house guests have a normal conversation.
- Really bad internet presence. The official twitter account is lame and today didn't even remind us the feeds were on until 35 minutes into them - not good when you only are on one hour in the middle of the day.
- The voting is very confusing. Jacob and Alex are gone and we are now voting on who we would like to stay - from ALL of the remaining 10 house guests - even though we have no real sense of who they are and won't know much until next monday's show when we will have to pick between just two. Why vote all week and then toss out all but two votes and then only give us 12 hours to vote for those two. Do you understand? Confused? I'm not even sure I have it right and I've been TRYING to watch it and figure it out!
- The popularity contest eliminates the 'bad guys' - I have always been one that thought the original version of Big Brother had some merits because we got to vote the people out - but its very apparent that at least nowadays - the people voting are going to eliminate the 'mean' people. Alex had a chance to get back in the house since Jacob quit but America decided he should stay out - even though 'America' told him to act like an ass. Of course we didn't see the results of his actions before it was too late or we might have, given the opportunity, told him to kiss and make up and beg forgiveness.
- Only one show a week - 10pm on Mondays is probably about as buried as you can get - and as I type this most people have no clue Alex is not coming back. The house already has two new captains and have probably even had their competition and are just waiting to see which HG is sent to limbo along with the losing team captain.
- HG Twitter accounts - a GOOD idea that is wasted with really pointless tweets by the HGs - Gene has over 50 tweets now and I'm not sure I have learned anything about the gameplay.
I could go on and on but the point is this show needs some serious work. The cast itself isn't bad to me. I mean this could be the Big Brother 14 cast - they have the couple of old people and the gay guy and a couple minorities - it is very similar to Big Brother casts - but in this house and they way they are being presented to us online - I can't get into them.
Sorry ABC - I really wanted to like the show!
I'm posting this here and on ILoveReality.com as I do with a lot of my posts before the Big Brother season kicks off - at that point that site will become much less opinion and much more an update of what is going on in the house - while here of course there are others that post along with me and you are able to comment. So please check out both sites and again, bookmark them so when twitter goes down you won't be lost!