Here's a newbie's guide to Big Brother house guests' daily schedules. Their week really revolves around who becomes HOH, so let's start there.
- Head of Household (HOH) competition, Thursdays, live on CBS (in the second half of the broadcast).
If it's an endurance competition (which can take hours to complete), live feed subscribers get to find out the HOH winner immediately ... but CBS viewers don't find out until Sunday night.
- Have-not competition, Friday.
- "Kiss the ring," Friday. This is Big Brother Gossip's term for the conversations that the new HOH has during the day Friday with every other house guest.
- Nomination ceremony, Friday evening. HOH puts two house guests on the block for eviction.
The above (from have-nots through first two nominations) provides the content for the Sunday night broadcast on CBS. And every broadcast includes replays from the 24/7 live feed recordings, of course.
- America votes a house guest in as Most Valuable Player -- or, sometimes, America is the MVP. The MVP nominates the third house guest for eviction. The nominee is announced to the house, but the MVP remains secret. This happens Saturday. (By the way, having an MVP and a third nominee are new twists for #BB15.)
- Power of Veto (POV) competition, Saturday.
- POV ceremony, Monday. If the POV is a nominee, she or he virtually always saves herself or himself. If the nominee had been put up by the HOH, the HOH puts a new person on the chopping block. If the nominee had been put up by the MVP, then the MVP names a new third nominee (but the MVP's identity is kept secret).
The above (from MVP through third nomination) provides the content for the Wednesday night broadcast on CBS. (By the way, do you see the value of the Big Brother Gossip Ticker in the right column? At a glance, you can find updated info as early as Saturday which CBS doesn't broadcast or post until the following Wednesday!)
- Eviction vote, Thursdays, live on CBS (in the first half of the broadcast).
- And then ... the cycle begins again with the next live HOH competition.
That's the story! That's a #BB15 week.
Did I miss anything or get a detail wrong? Comment below or send corrections to @uselesstraffic.
Next from the Newbie Desk: How a live double eviction episode works -- just in time for #BB15's first double.
It's worth noting that the above is the template for a normal week. Things may change late in the Big Brother season as the number of remaining house guests dwindles and/or as the CBS broadcast schedule gets busier. The start of football season, for example, might affect when Big Brother is on and/or whether BB gets three weekly episodes.