Who won HOH for the first time but won't get to enjoy it for a full week? That's right: Spencer. There remain five house guests now but it needs to be down to three by Thursday. Here's how #BB15's remaining 12 days might go.
First, the house guests (and live feed subscribers) will experience it this way. I'll give each set of events a number for easy reference:
1. Friday, September 6, 2013 (today): Spencer nominates two house guests for eviction.
2. Saturday, September 7: Power of Veto competition.
3. Monday, September 9: POV ceremony.
4. Tuesday, September 10: Live feeders, be ready for what could be a whole day's worth of trivia! The eviction vote and the next Head of Household competition will happen some time on Tuesday -- all in a "live to tape" situation which will be the content of Wednesday night's CBS episode. This gets us from five to four remaining house guests. (My guess is that McCrae will rejoin Amanda to serve on the jury -- but will their showmance be rekindled? Doubt it.)
5. Wednesday, September 11 and/or Thursday, September 12: Nomination ceremony plus POV comp and ceremony. This is the last and most important POV of the year, as the veto winner is guaranteed a spot in the final three ... and will (possibly) cast the only eviction vote. Live feeders: The blackout might continue from the previous day through 9:00p Eastern.
Last year in #BB14 (I've found the pattern for this year's episodes often matches last year's), Danielle was HOH and put Ian and Dan on the block. Danielle then won veto and used it to save Dan, so Shane was the only possible replacement. This handed the sole eviction vote to Dan (because Danielle, as HOH, couldn't vote, and Dan was the only remaining non-nominee) ... who blindsided Shane, and put in place a final three of Danielle, Dan, and Ian. If Danielle had not used the veto, Shane would have cast the sole eviction vote.
Back to #BB15 ... and assuming all "The Exterminators" make it to the final four, I'm guessing GinaMarie will need to be HOH again or win POV to survive ... unless the others wise up and recognize Andy might actually need to go first, in which case he'd better start winning comps again.
6. Thursday, September 12: The last Thursday show of the season, with a live eviction. (This was when Dan cast the sole vote to evict Shane last year.) Now we're at three house guests, so they will begin an endurance comp -- the first of three parts in the final HOH competition. The winner of the first part gets to skip the second.
7. Friday, September 13: Second part of the final HOH comp. The players are the two house guests who lost the first part.
8. Wednesday, September 18: During the live finale, the winners of parts one and two play the third part of the final HOH comp. So, remember, after this last comp, we have three house guests: The HOH winner and the other two. The very next thing to happen is that the HOH will evict one of those two others; there's nobody else left to hold a vote, so the HOH will make the decision unilaterally. That gets us to the final two house guests. The jury, which for #BB15 consists of the last nine evicted house guests, returns for (live) interviews and conversations with Julie ... and to pick one of the final two to be this season's winner. First finalist to get five votes wins 500 large.
Nothing happens in the house from Saturday to Tuesday? That's right. Fairly dull for both house guests and live feeders. For those who follow #BB15 only by watching the televised shows on CBS, here's what's left:
Sunday, September 8, 8:00p Eastern: CBS will show us last night's HOH comp (when Spencer won), Friday's nominations (event #1, above), and Saturday's POV comp (event #2, above).
Wednesday, September 11, 8:00p Eastern: CBS will air #3 and all of #4 as listed above.
Thursday, September 12, 9:00p Eastern (live): CBS will air #5 and the live eviction from #6.
Sunday, September 15, 8:00p Eastern: CBS will air the first part of the HOH comp (from #6, above). This episode will likely contain clips from the entire #BB15 season.
Wednesday, September 18, 9:30p Eastern (live, special time!): The 90-minute finale. CBS will air #7 and everything listed in #8.
Clear as mud? It's likely I munged any number of details, so please remember I'm a newbie and be kind when posting corrections / clarifications in the comments below or @uselesstraffic. And ... who will Spencer target? Who do you think makes it to final three and then final two?
A couple other notes of potential interest. In the second-to-last episode of #BB14, the CBS announcer told America to log in or text to vote for our favorite house guest (Helen! Helen!) ... and the HG with the most votes will win $25,000.
They also called for viewers to submit their own names to become #BB15 house guests. So let's hope they do the same this year, as it would be a good sign that #BB16 will happen.
These things would be during the Sunday, September 15, 2013 broadcast this year.